Updated: Jun 22, 2020
This is a story about a psychology experiment in the 1940s, psychologists Fritz Heider and Marianne Simmel conducted an experiment. They showed study participants an animated film consisting of a rectangle with an opening, plus a circle and two triangles in motion. The participants were then asked to simply describe what they saw in the film.
The animated experiment video is available on youtube in link
After watching the animated video, participants were asked to describe what they observed.
Here are the answers to the question ' What did you see?'
1) "Circle and triangle are in love"
2) "Evil grey triangle is harming the circle"
3) "Blue Triangle fought back against the large triangle"
4) "Blue triangle fought with the larger triangle and allowed his love to escape and after they lived happily ever after"
The answers are really crazy because people described what they saw based on their perceptions, based on their conditioning and based on their memories. This is where the content part comes in.
All of us love stories. Human beings are storytelling machines and we experience everything by telling the stories to ourselves. We see things through the lens of life experiences, our conditioning, and our memories. To connect with the prospective audience, companies need to create the content to attract, engage, and delight the customers. Through the right content, you are assuring the customers that he/she is with the right company and your suggestions are professional and genuine.
Here comes an important aspect of the content. Whether the story you are talking about in your content is resonating with the story of your prospective customer?
Let me explain with an example.
You are providing a technology solution for 'Preparation for Competitive Exam' and your solution is an AI-supported online platform. The majority of the prospective customers are Indian youth. Now, let us directly jump to the content part.
The question is how your blogs, content, and ebooks are structured and designed? Are they helping prospective customers to meet their objectives? Whether the cornerstone of the content helps the aspiring youth to prepare better? The story has of the content has to be a story of prospective customers.
You can plan your blogs on the below subjects.
1) 10 ways to manage accuracy and speed in bank exams.
2) Try this. Vedic maths can help you to solve maths at 8X speed.
3) This is how this year's IIT JEE toppers prepare for the exam.
4) eBook on ' How these four students from a rural village topped SSC Exam-2019'.
What is your story?